1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Upgrading from 1.2.1 to 1.2.4

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by LurkerLou, Dec 18, 2013.

1. LurkerLou

LurkerLou Active Member

I haven't upgraded to any of the other updates but I'm thinking of upgrading to 1.2.4. I have a question, to make sure everything I have installed is compatible, styles, add-ons, etc., am I able to just download my site and try it all offline? I have a local test site on my computer but it's way behind the live site since there were a few add-ons and style changes I made on the fly and didn't need to use the test site.
  2. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

Just make backups of your xenforo directory and database prior to the upgrade.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I just posted this on another thread.

My first suggestion would be to create a test site which is a duplicate of your live site and do the upgrade on that first.

Outdated template will be marked as such - you will be given the option of merging or reverting (and re-editing).

You will have to check each add-on and confirm which versions of XenForo they are compatible with.
    Upgrading will more than likely be necessary for some of them.