XF 1.4 upgrade woes

Roadwart

After being a bit lax, I`ve got round to upgrading my forum from 1.3.5 to 1.4.7

The install appeared to go fine, but today I had a message saying a new user couldn`t register. I tried it myself & it failed with the following errors

1.Some fields contained unexpected data. Please try again or contact the administrator.
2.Please enter a name that is at least 3 characters long.
3.Please enter a valid email.
4.Please select a valid time zone.
5.Please enter a valid location.
6.Please enter a valid password.
7.Please enter a value for all required fields.

After a search on here I found another user had the same problem so I did what fixed his isssue. I reuploaded the files & tried to run the forum/install.

The installer then said I was already running 1.4.7 but to delete the internal data/install lock.php file to reinstall

I did so & tried to run the script again but it now seems to think I`m doing a FULL install as it wants to delete my database.

HELP! :)

The initial error is due to an outdated register template or an add-on.

You will need to replace the install lock.php file to restore the installation.

What mods do you have installed? Can you disable them to rule them out as being the culprit?

P.s. Try to run the master data rebuild and see if it would help.

What mods do you have installed? Can you disable them to rule them out as being the culprit?

P.s. Try to run the master data rebuild and see if it would help.

Where would I find that mate? When I went to the instal folder I didn`t get that option. Is it somewhere in the admin control panel?

You can restore it if you have a backup, or just create a new file with the contents:
Code:
<?php header('Location: ../index.php'); /* Installed Fri, 8 May 15 12:00:00 +0000 */

Top Bottom