Upgrade to Percona Server on a Plesk Server or VPS [Deleted]

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Slavik submitted a new resource:

Upgrade to Percona Server on a Plesk Server or VPS - Supercharge your XenForo Board by installing Percona Server on Plesk

WARNING: AT THE TIME OF WRITING THIS GUIDE IS CONSIDERED HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL. AS FAR AS I KNOW, P8NTBALLER IS THE ONLY PRODUCTION SITE IN THE WORLD RUNNING PLESK ON PERCONA.

THIS GUIDE REQUIRES PLESK 11.5 OR HIGHER. LOWER VERSIONS OF PLESK WILL BREAK IF YOU ATTEMPT THESE STEPS.

FULL DATABASE BACKUPS SHOULD BE TAKEN AND THESE STEPS SHOULD ONLY BE UNDERTAKEN BY SERVER ADMINS COMFORTABLE WITH MAKING THESE ALTERATIONS AND WHO UNDERSTAND THE FULL RISKS OF THE FOLLOWING GUIDE.

---

This guide...

Read more about this resource...

You may have to add these steps as my.cnf is not included within Pecona releases (yet):

1. create /etc/my.cnf with the right values (https://tools.percona.com/wizard/)
2. rename /var/lib/mysql/ib_logfile* files if you change innodb_log_file_size to a different file size than these files.Without the right file size, Pecona won't start. If Pecona can not find these fields, it creates it on its own. There may be problems with the caching system if you just change the files, I don't know more about that.
3. "/etc/init.d/mysql restart"

Last edited:
That helped :) I have 64 GB RAM for my community server. Pecona set the value to 54G but what do you think? Is it more useful to add cache to nginx or PHP? It's not my expertise field.

with outcommenting
PHP:
#sql_mode  = STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION,NO_ZERO_DATE,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY
its still slow :/
PHP:
INSERT INTO xf_session_activity (user_id, unique_key, ip, controller_name, controller_action, view_state, params, view_date, robot_key) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE ip = VALUES(ip), controller_name = VALUES(controller_name), controller_action = VALUES(controller_action), view_state = VALUES(view_state), params = VALUES(params), view_date = VALUES(view_date), robot_key = VALUES(robot_key)
Params: 117, 117, 1556707374, XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum, Index, valid, node_name=, 1376824387,
Run Time: 0.109770

Binary logging will slow things down slightly,

It can also be amplified by your filesystem type.

Outcommenting like this helped :)
PHP:
# BINARY LOGGING #
#log_bin  = /var/lib/mysql/mysql-bin
#expire_logs_days  = 14
#sync_binlog  = 1

I cant remember the exact setting now, but if your OS filesystem is ACID complient, enabling strict synced logging takes a massive effect.

Top Bottom