XF 1.5 Upgrade to latest version. Any precautions ?

Surendra.S

Hi All,

I am currently running XenForo 1.5.14 and would love to upgrade to latest version.

I have gone thru below URL:
https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/manual/install-upgrade/#upgrading-from-xenforo-1

I like to know if any more precautions to be taken (as its a major upgrade).

Note: I do not have any Plug-Ins installed except 1 simple one related to changing Title length. Also, I don't mind styles/customizations being lost, as I did not do any major style changes except placing few advertisements.

The reason for my concern is that forum is reasonably big (1,30,000 members and 35,000 posts) and so is there any chance that upgrade may create problem in middle by taking toomuch time to execute the scripts, database queries etc.

Any suggestions are appreciated whether should I opt for upgrade or not.

Hi Andy,
Members is not an issue. All are valid members manually verified/approved by us.
They typically signup in order to get daily updates from us.

I am more looking for precautions to be taken for upgrade and possible problems.

To answer the original question:
The reason for my concern is that forum is reasonably big (1,30,000 members and 35,000 posts) and so is there any chance that upgrade may create problem in middle by taking toomuch time to execute the scripts, database queries etc.
This won't be an issue - it's a fairly small forum.

Take a backup before you start, should you need to roll back.

Successfully & easily upgraded from XF 1.5 to XF 2.0.10.

Did not observe any major problems so far. Will continue testing.

The new version looks beautiful although I feel page loading time is slightly higher than earlier version.

Will have to check what optimizations & caching can be done.

Thank You All !

Top Bottom