XF 2.1 upgrade issue from 1.X to 2.1

FireWire

Hello Community,

I recently upgraded my software to the latest 2.1 yesterday and the forum seems to have upgraded on the home page. But when i click on any forum or any user it gives me an error

Not Found

The requested URL /forums/introduce-yourself.3/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

im not sure what the issue can be. I did change the domain from .com to .nl since i lost the main domain. I made the changes on the tutorial they gave for that and still nothing is working. has anyone ran into this issue? im going to dig the forums all day to get this fixed. hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Carefully examine the .htaccess file present in the XF directory, I'd say its reasonably likely that (might) be the cause or partial cause.

Might have to alter your file-manager / FTP to allow you to see hidden (dot) files possibly too. If in doubt, download it then remove it (download it first so you can put it back if needed!) then perhaps use a new one from the XF2 .zip.

Carefully examine the .htaccess file present in the XF directory, I'd say its reasonably likely that (might) be the cause or partial cause.

Might have to alter your file-manager / FTP to allow you to see hidden (dot) files possibly too. If in doubt, download it then remove it (download it first so you can put it back if needed!) then perhaps use a new one from the XF2 .zip.

this was exactly the issue , Thank you!

Top Bottom