XF 1.2 Upgrade from 1.1.5 to 1.2.2 Help - Board Being Upgraded Message

Junior

I'm getting this message:

The board is currently being upgraded. Please check back later.

I've tried checking:
website.com/admin.php [Shows the board is being upgraded]
website.com/install/index.php?upgrade/run [Just redirects to the install page]

I've googled around but none of the fixes work for me.

Edit:

I should mentioned I went full blown retard and deleted the following folders before uploading.

data/
internal_data/
js/flot
js/jquery
js/swfupload
js/tinymce
js/xenforo
library/Lgpl
library/Minify
library/Sabre
library/XenForo
library/XFCliImporter
library/Zend

I'm not sure if this effected anything other than me losing all attachments and avatars.

Last edited:
You can upgrade directly to 1.2.2.

Just upload the contents of the upgrade .zip and navigate to the /install path.

Unless you restore from a backup though, you have lost all attachments and avatars.

I'd start by re-uploading the folders you deleted from the full package. The ones you have deleted are the core to XF.

Well clearly...since the new version comes with them, that isn't the problem.

You can upgrade directly to 1.2.2.

Just upload the contents of the upgrade .zip and navigate to the /install path.

Unless you restore from a backup though, you have lost all attachments and avatars.

So I'm doing it like a new install? Not upgrade. This is safe to do so and I won't lose all content?

That avatar and attachment thing isn't a problem.

Edit:

For the 1.2 upgrade it allowed me to upgrade. I had uploaded the 1.2.2 3 different times and it wouldn't let me upgrade. I'm going to try now. I'm really not sure what happened.

Last edited:
No, you'll need to restore the install lock file in your internal_data directory. If you deleted those directories, you have removed all your attachments.

No, you'll need to restore the install lock file in your internal_data directory. If you deleted those directories, you have removed all your attachments.

Yes, it has been covered first by me then by every other post in this thread that avatars and attachments are gone. Thank you.

The lock file may have been the cause of everything. It's all straight now, thank you for your response.

Top Bottom