XF 1.4 Updating user Node Permissions

RichardKYA

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is right or not, but when I update a users node permissions, I also have to click the "Update" button below the "Private Node" checkbox before the new user node permissions take affect.

I have to click this one first which is at the bottom of the user node permissions.....

Screen Shot 2015-06-06 at 14.47.19.webp

....and it saves the new changes fine, but they won't have any affect until I also click this one as well.....

Screen Shot 2015-06-06 at 14.48.39.webp

Is this how it should be or is there something not right here?

I can duplicate this every time, on any node, with any user.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Do note that this doesn't mean that you shouldn't have the Registered group as your primary user group - you should, just as is the case for all members. What you need to do is set View Node to Allow for a user group that you are also a member of eg the group that can view this node/ moderators user group/ administrators user group.

OK.

Just a question though, doesn't "revoke" prevent that user group permission anyway?

I thought permissions were in a kind of hierarchy, so if there is a revoke amongst the user groups, it will cancel any allows amongst the user groups, but if a member has a user permission set to allow, it will cancel out any user group revokes. For the same permission of course.

Is that wrong?

OK, thanks

I'll give it all a go and see what happens when I update.

One more quick question, does the execution order matter or should I just leave that set as 10?

OK. I have done the update to 1.4.7 and I still have the same permissions issue :(

It's not just in the user node permissions either. Any custom user permissions are not taking affect. I can set all the permissions for a user to "Never" and it doesn't even work.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Must be aMember. *******s.

I don't know why they need to affect the permissions combo. Not a happy bunny right now.

Hello @Brogan,

I'm still having the same permissions update issue, but I have noticed that it only happens to members that are not explicitly made Admin or Mods. Members that ARE explicitly made Admin or Mods update without an issue regardless of their user group, so someone that is_admin doesn't have to be in the admin user group and can be in any other user group and their user permissions and node permissions update correctly, same goes for people that are is_moderator. Whereas, someone that is NOT is_admin or _is_moderator do not update correctly and have the issues shown in the videos.

I have finally got in contact with aMember and I asking them to do the same tests and I am currently waiting for a reply, but I thought I would also ask you as well just in case this is something that can be reproduce your installation. I know you tried it out for me the other day, which I appreciate you taking the time to do, but I am not sure if you tried an is_admin account or a standard account, so I thought I would ask just to be sure?

Thank you

Problem solved! :)

aMember sent me an updated version of their plugin xenforo.php file which fixed the issue.

I can only assume the is_admin and is_moderator thing occurred because they protect these groups differently.

Top Bottom