RM 2.0 Update to include thread

spider

I am not really sure how to describe this but I will try.

Let us assume that the option in a category to create a thread upon a new Resource is turned off. A few new Resources are created.

Now the option to create the thread is enabled but: There does not appear to be some kind of rebuild to force it to create these threads that I can see, even if you update them and / or edit them this does *not* trigger the thread creation code as it then would with a new Resource submission. This I would suggest is possibly a potential bug but I'm not sure it depends on how you view it should work.

I did it manually as a 'test' by editing the database directly and then I noted it did not have the tabs at the top, so I then realised in each thread table I merely needed to add 'resource' to fix that, all that is OK.

The problem here is as the rebuild tools do not appear to add missing threads (as above not a mass issue) but they do not update the content of the thread to show the correct information, in other words if manual threads are made and the db tweaked to 'fix' the lack of repair tool, they do not get updated to contain the content of the resource, compared to a thread that was automatically created by the RM.

Questions:

1.Is there a way after enabling thread creation to make the RM create any missing threads for resources in those categories
2. If not is there a way to make the RM update the first post in the discussion thread properly rather than having to initially alter it manually.

I want to point out, there is no problem with the manual database changes I did so it behaves, it is merely a question of "where is the tool to create missing threads" really.

Thank you!

Top Bottom