Unusual Plants

turtile

Unusual Plants Community

I changed the color of the forum a few weeks ago. Does it look good? I basically want it to be as easy as possible to use for the everyday user. Once 1.2 is released, I plan on making a more custom design.

Also what do you think will draw in more users? Guides for growing different types of plants? I think it will work great with the Resource Manager if it's released. The website is geared towards people who grow things out of the normal such as desert plants, cold hardy palms, carnivorous plants...

Thanks for your help!

Interesting subject. Regrading the style, there's nothing wrong with the quality output but I think the greens (I'm a big fan of green styles) is just too bright. I would go with some natural greens of a lower tone and less prominent to sensitive eyes.

I like the subject and guides on growing plants, what time of year to grow them, what not to do etc etc and so forth would most certainly bring in members.

Look forward in seeing where you take this forum and nice job. :thumbsup:

Unusual Plants Community

I changed the color of the forum a few weeks ago. Does it look good? I basically want it to be as easy as possible to use for the everyday user. Once 1.2 is released, I plan on making a more custom design.

Also what do you think will draw in more users? Guides for growing different types of plants? I think it will work great with the Resource Manager if it's released. The website is geared towards people who grow things out of the normal such as desert plants, cold hardy palms, carnivorous plants...

Thanks for your help!

just noticed I think rather than waiting for the RM I think the showcase add-on by bobster65 would certainly be beneficial here to display and share your guides on how to grow etc etc. The showcase add-on is a very versatile add-on and can be used a variety of ways and adapted to suit your needs.

Interesting subject. Regrading the style, there's nothing wrong with the quality output but I think the greens (I'm a big fan of green styles) is just too bright. I would go with some natural greens of a lower tone and less prominent to sensitive eyes.

I like the subject and guides on growing plants, what time of year to grow them, what not to do etc etc and so forth would most certainly bring in members.

Look forward in seeing where you take this forum and nice job. (y)

Thanks, I was afraid of the color being off. I only had my laptop to work with - not the greatest color! I"ll have to check it on a calibrated monitor.

just noticed I think rather than waiting for the RM I think the showcase add-on by bobster65 would certainly be beneficial here to display and share your guides on how to grow etc etc. The showcase add-on is a very versatile add-on and can be used a variety of ways and adapted to suit your needs.

Actually, the showcase add-on looks like a great part of the website to allow users to show their plants and gardens!

Thanks, I was afraid of the color being off. I only had my laptop to work with - not the greatest color! I"ll have to check it on a calibrated monitor.

Actually, the showcase add-on looks like a great part of the website to allow users to show their plants and gardens!

I'd also suggest you take a look at miko's add different icons per forum and added icons of plants to reflect that area. I think this would break out the colour and give an additional touch of character to your forum. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/rc-1-custom-node-status-icons-read-unread.10886/

I'd also suggest you take a look at miko's add different icons per forum and added icons of plants to reflect that area. I think this would break out the colour and give an additional touch of character to your forum. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/rc-1-custom-node-status-icons-read-unread.10886/

I've been looking at doing that but my templates are all over the place. Even Chris's Notification Mod wouldn't work with it until he fixed my template!

Do you happen to know of any good books/websites to learn Illustrator?

Thanks again!

Top Bottom