Unrecognized Likes by Deleted User

tafreehm

Hello,
I m keeping seeing Like given by a (deleted user). I compared my xf version with vb and there are no likes added by any user that now does not exist or deleted.

So basically, Like from deleted user should not be there, because no one ever liked those posts.

Untitled.webpUntitled2.webp

It sounds like there may be an issue with the importer, or perhaps (if you used any add-ons on vB), some items carried over and are the cause of the problem you're seeing now.

I'd suggest posting to that add-on thread and try troubleshooting there first.

That simply means the "like" is attributed to a user that doesn't exist. If this is from the import then perhaps the user in question failed to be imported. This isn't necessarily a problem unless you want to remove those likes. It's easy to query the database and remove those likes, but there is no utility to rebuild the list of users that is shown below a post. Of course that list is rebuilt when you like / unlike the specific post (as Onimua said) but you can't do that for every post.

Maybe a problem with the source data. Maybe a problem with the "post thanks" import module (I assume that's what you used).

If it bothers you then I can look at your database and see what can be done to remove those likes. I would need access to phpmyadmin on your server.

This is clearly a bug in 1.1.2.

I upgraded to 1.1.2 eight days ago. I have never imported anything into that board.

Someone added a response to a thread at 9:14 a.m. today. At 9:40 someone asked why the post showed "You, Elizabeth and (deleted user) like this". No users were deleted today, and nothing's ever been imported.

This is clearly a bug in 1.1.2.

I upgraded to 1.1.2 eight days ago. I have never imported anything into that board.

Someone added a response to a thread at 9:14 a.m. today. At 9:40 someone asked why the post showed "You, Elizabeth and (deleted user) like this". No users were deleted today, and nothing's ever been imported.

If you are comfortable giving me access to your forum then I can take a look. I would need admin and FTP access.

Top Bottom