XF 1.4 Unread post offset from top with fixed nav bar

lantek

Hi,

We are running a fixed nav bar at the top of the screen, and having an issue when clicking through to 'Unread posts'. The fixed nav bar is covering about 50% of the first of the unread posts in the thread. Anyone have any ideas on how to handle this?

Many thanks.

Hi,

We are running a fixed nav bar at the top of the screen, and having an issue when clicking through to 'Unread posts'. The fixed nav bar is covering about 50% of the first of the unread posts in the thread. Anyone have any ideas on how to handle this?

Many thanks.
Is this only happening on your unread posts page? Your otherbpages aren't having things like the top breadcrumb being covered?
If they are, I believe the following CSS should do the trick.
Code:
#content {
margin-top: @YourFixedNavHeight;
}

Is this only happening on your unread posts page? Your otherbpages aren't having things like the top breadcrumb being covered?
If they are, I believe the following CSS should do the trick.
Code:
#content {
margin-top: @YourFixedNavHeight;
}
Yes just on unread posts page. The others are handled from the code you suggest. It is related to using the hash to go to an in page anchor, which is ignoring that content margin.

@lantek Just to clarify, when a user hits the "new posts" underneath the main forum navigation (sublinks), it takes them to the new posts page, but with an in-page anchor?

For the life of me, I can't find this happening on the default theme.

@lantek Just to clarify, when a user hits the "new posts" underneath the main forum navigation (sublinks), it takes them to the new posts page, but with an in-page anchor?

For the life of me, I can't find this happening on the default theme.
Sorry no, I'm referring to clicking a thread title on the thread listing page, and going to the first unread post in that thread.

Top Bottom