Unread not working for some older threads I've visited

CTXMedia

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, but there are watched threads I know I have read (up to a certain point) from a few months ago - but when I click on the thread title I am taken to the very first post and not the first unread.

Is this the default behaviour or can it be configured?

If it's default, what is the time limit for a an unread reply to be considered new?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

That's the default behaviour, it'll take you to the first post and then you can click go to first unread. Note that where you go when you click go to first unread depends on the Read Marking Data Lifetime which by default is set to 30 days.

admincp -> options -> options -> Threads, Discussions and Conversations: Read Marking Data Lifetime (Days)

Content older than that setting is considered 'read', even if it has not been read.

admincp -> options -> options -> Threads, Discussions and Conversations: Read Marking Data Lifetime (Days)

Content older than that setting is considered 'read', even if it has not been read.

Excellent - thanks Dean :)

I've upped it to 60 on GeeksChat - but I suppose if someone hasn't been to your board in 60 days they'll have so much reading to do they won't notice ... :ROFLMAO:

Is your xf forum for testing (not live)?

The reason I ask is that it is entirely possible changing that in the future could mark all content unread - even if the members have read it. For example if you used 60 days for a while, then to save on server resources you changed it later to 30, then all threads could be 'unread' for everyone.

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, but there are watched threads I know I have read (up to a certain point) from a few months ago - but when I click on the thread title I am taken to the very first post and not the first unread.

Is this the default behaviour or can it be configured?

If it's default, what is the time limit for a an unread reply to be considered new?

Cheers,

This is a problem importing I believe, it will only happen on threads that you imported and not threads created after. I'm having the same issue.

Does anyone know what the impact is of setting the unread figure higher than the default - say 120 days or maybe even 365 days?

Also, does the size of the forum make a difference with this setting?

Cheers,

Top Bottom