Unread messages updates

Gus issa

When I go to unread messages and click on a post them go back to unread messages the post I had clicked on is still in the list. I have to refresh the page for it to change to read.

If there a setting to force the unread page to be updated without refresh? This is how it works on another forum I use and I like it like that.

I know what you mean. I recently switched to XF and some users 'complained' about this.
With the previous forum software I used, using 'back' would always update the page.
The list with unread posts also works very weird. It has a number in the URL that increases. People bookmark this URL, or try to refresh it, but that does not work correctly.

When I go to unread messages and click on a post them go back to unread messages the post I had clicked on is still in the list. I have to refresh the page for it to change to read.
Do you mean New Posts ?

Or New Conversations ?

For New Posts it'll add lots of server load for all the refreshes. But that doesn't really apply to conversations.

Xenforo itself needs a back button for what's new. And XF2 is the same.
Xenforo forces you to use the back button when checking out what's new.

I know what you mean. I recently switched to XF and some users 'complained' about this.
With the previous forum software I used, using 'back' would always update the page.
The list with unread posts also works very weird. It has a number in the URL that increases. People bookmark this URL, or try to refresh it, but that does not work correctly.
They'll be more confused when they do refresh as the post they just saw is now gone. And they'll have to click Recent to find it.

Darn those users for wanting to go back to a thread that they just read!!!!!

I just noticed the link. This is very bad. Is there a way to bookmark "new posts"? A regular user will always have that page bookmarked. Why go the home page every time?

Do you mean New Posts ?

Or New Conversations ?

For New Posts it'll add lots of server load for all the refreshes. But that doesn't really apply to conversations.

Xenforo itself needs a back button for what's new. And XF2 is the same.
Xenforo forces you to use the back button when checking out what's new.

Agree on server load. This should be an option, which I would definitely pick. It is very difficult to navigate new posts now...Or I am doing it wrong.

Top Bottom