Unmanaged VPS - Installing Xenforo

Dnyan

Hello all,

I am buying a unmanged vps plan from milesweb.com

I am new in this environment of unmanaged thing.

i found a free c panel at centos-webpanel.com

they provide all features (i have used shared hosting earlier so i am good with c panel) in their c panel.

is it worth buying vps from milesweb.com

i m getting
1 core cpu
2 gb ram
30 gb ssd
700 gb bandwidth.

will it be ok with that c panel.

if anyone online please reply.

Thank You

Hello,

Since you are new to unmanaged environment, I do not recommend you to switch to an Unmanaged VPS.
Not everything is done thru a web-interface and you most likely face situations that can be solved thru command-line only.

You also have to take into account server security policies (firewall, intrusion detection system etc.), applying system updates, optimisations, troubleshoot performance degradation because of these will fall to your shoulders.

Kind regards,
George.

Also note that it isn't going to be cPanel. cPanel is not free. It might be a free control panel you found, but cPanel it most definitely is not. So it is going to be completely different from the panel you are used to using on shared hosting.

As @WSWD said... centos-webpanel.com is not "cPanel", it is a control panel for CentOS, though it is not very secure. Most VPS providers offer cPanel as an add-on or you can purchase it via licensepal.com for about 15 bucks a month. I strongly recommend not using centos-webpanel. If you can't afford cPanel, I suggest just using shell. If you feel you require a panel for what ever reason, Webmin is the only free one that's solid secure.

I had buyed the openvzvps said above.

Tried centos-webpanel.

It look good and does almost what we requires.
But as you said its not good from security po8nt of view.

So i am doing shell ctl with centminmod

If anyone can help me to do url rewrites and some rules for nginx then it would be greate gelp (nginx does not support a htaccess)

If everything works perfe t without any issue.

I will write a tutorial on how to setup xenfor on unmanaged vps from scratch.

Though i am not expert in it, but if get everything ok by learning from web. Will share my experiance for sure, it might be helpful for someone

Everyone is new to an unmanaged environment at some point, you'll never learn unless you jump right in and get your hands dirty. Just don't forget backups!
Btw, Plesk is a much nicer alternative to cPanel if you really need one.

So i am doing shell ctl with centminmod

If anyone can help me to do url rewrites and some rules for nginx then it would be greate gelp (nginx does not support a htaccess)

2 places to read/research
and for Centmin Mod in general
https://community.centminmod.com/threads/guide-to-learning-more-about-centmin-mod.10838/

Top Bottom