******* - Unlimited Custom Applications [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

Unlimited Custom Applications (version 1.0) - It adds unlimited applications and other custom forms to your forum.

This mod will allow you to add unlimited applications and/or other custom forms to your forum, such as feedback forms etc.

Installation: First unzip the mod package and ftp the library folder inside to the root of your forum folder. Then go to your Acp->Add-ons->Install New Add-on->Install from uploaded file:
Click the Browse button, locate the addon.xml file inside the mod package and hit the Install Add On button.

To allow a group/s to use the custom applications, go to the Groups...

Read more about this resource...

Hi, allow me to be your first pain in the butt for this addon! :D I have been testing this out today and I have a couple suggestions.

First: I think this was a small detail that was just overlooked: Members can write in their own Subject Title, so what I am ending up with is dozen new threads all in the same forum - with no way to tell which thread belongs to which application. I have to hope they say so in their submission itself, and that doesn't always happen.

Second: Without the ability to choose a specific Thread ID or Forum ID for each app to post in, it kinda defeats the purpose of having multiple apps for me! No matter how many apps I create, they are all going to the same location. Which means I can't make specific app submissions only viewable to admins, to staff, or have ones viewable by all members. With Thread ID instead Forum ID I can have a submission from each app go to a thread in any forum, (which solves that view permission problem) but also means I don't have to create a new node for every app just to keep them organized.

If you plan on developing this addon any further, my other suggestion is that it'd be awesome being able to add custom fields to each app! (Checkboxes, radio buttons, text boxes, etc.) So a form can be designed with specific information you want to get from the submitter. People tend to ignore description instructions, or forget to add details when it's all one text box. Having fields I can input for them to fill out makes sure I get the info I need. Bonus points if fields can be marked as "Required"!

Hi, allow me to be your first pain in the butt for this addon! :D I have been testing this out today and I have a couple suggestions.

First: I think this was a small detail that was just overlooked: Members can write in their own Subject Title, so what I am ending up with is dozen new threads all in the same forum - with no way to tell which thread belongs to which application. I have to hope they say so in their submission itself, and that doesn't always happen.

Hi,

It was not over looked but it is by design. The applications can be sorted by the titles that users will enter. For example, in an application marked as Moderators, the user can enter Looking for moderator position or something like that and that is what will appear. But I agree completely that people tend to ignore description instructions, or forget to add details. I will keep your suggestions in mind for future updates. Thank you :)

Second: Without the ability to choose a specific Thread ID or Forum ID for each app to post in, it kinda defeats the purpose of having multiple apps for me! No matter how many apps I create, they are all going to the same location. Which means I can't make specific app submissions only viewable to admins, to staff, or have ones viewable by all members. With Thread ID instead Forum ID I can have a submission from each app go to a thread in any forum, (which solves that view permission problem) but also means I don't have to create a new node for every app just to keep them organized.

You can not choose a thread id because the application is submitted as a thread. You can choose a forum where you would like the application submissions to be posted automatically. Then you can set up permissions accordingly for that forum depending which groups you would like to see the applications submissions, reply to them etc.

And you do not have to create a new none for each application submission because they will all be posted in the same forum.

You can not choose a thread id because the application is submitted as a thread. You can choose a forum where you would like the application submissions to be posted automatically. Then you can set up permissions accordingly for that forum depending which groups you would like to see the applications submissions, reply to them etc.

And you do not have to create a new none for each application submission because they will all be posted in the same forum.

Well, the problem is that ALL the apps post to that same forum. So for submissions through the "Report A Staff Dispute" app that is only supposed to be seen by Admins ends up in the same place as my "Apply to be Staff" app threads that I want all staff to see for review. In this case having only one single forum for all submissions doesn't work out. Because making that forum only viewable by admins, means I can't create apps that send in content to the staff. And if I make the forum viewable to staff, I can't make any apps for admin-eyes only cause the staff will see stuff I don't want them too. I need the flexibility to do both!

Which is why I suggested having an option for submitting apps to a different thread IDs for each unique app. That fixes things nicely!

Well, the problem is that ALL the apps post to that same forum. So for submissions through the "Report A Staff Dispute" app that is only supposed to be seen by Admins ends up in the same place as my "Apply to be Staff" app threads that I want all staff to see for review. In this case having only one single forum for all submissions doesn't work out. Because making that forum only viewable by admins, means I can't create apps that send in content to the staff. And if I make the forum viewable to staff, I can't make any apps for admin-eyes only cause the staff will see stuff I don't want them too. I need the flexibility to do both!

Which is why I suggested having an option for submitting apps to a different thread IDs for each unique app. That fixes things nicely!

I see what you mean. I will keep your suggestion in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom