XF 2.2 Unexpected Worst experience to receive emails notification upto 99% users . No have time to on manually on all thread 1 by 1 watch notification button

kushal

I am facing big problems from some days . Xenforo notification is too poor . I didn't expect it before purchase . I was thought that it's gives all notification as discord or WhatsApp or telegram group - after create account and join . But here full different you need manually switch on watch button for all thread if you want get notification . Trust me 95% users are don't know about it if you have a selling site 😾 . (If you collect 100 member in your site 95 users will be bot . If they didn't receive all thread notification they didn't open site for anymore . Useless ). Now my question is how I enable watch button for all users . When new users will be join my site the watch button will be automatically on for all thread . I want that all single message go to there phone . I am using 2.2.11 . Is all previous version also same ? If not I will be downgrade then . Tell me how i fix this problems .

IMG_20221203_175556.webp

Last edited:
Go to your admin and select 'Options/Registration' scroll down and you will see this:

1670070435597.png

The watch content on creation when set to yes (or yes with email) will automatically watch anything a member creates; however, this is going forward, it will not automatically select watch content for anything already created; for that you will need someone more conversant with any procedure that will allow that to happen. Hope that helps somewhat

Go to your admin and select 'Options/Registration' scroll down and you will see this:

View attachment 277680

The watch content on creation when set to yes (or yes with email) will automatically watch anything a member creates; however, this is going forward, it will not automatically select watch content for anything already created; for that you will need someone more conversant with any procedure that will allow that to happen. Hope that helps somewhat
I think you gives reply without read my full message . I did everything on at fast day that you send screenshot

No, the answer WAS given to you... if the actual users decide to turn off certain watched functions, that is THEIR right as a user... or do you desire to FORCE your choice on everyone?
If so, that will probably take an add-on to extend the watch function to force all members to yes.

Now, are you wanting to know how to force it back enabled for all existing users? I'm sure that's a simple mySQL script process that can be run.

What add-on you recommend ?
I don't... as I'm a firm believer in users having the choice on whether they want to receive alerts or not.
Personally, any site that tried to force that upon me, I'd leave in a heartbeat. It's MY duty to check for new content if I don't want a ****-ton of alerts.

And I don't think there is any add-on out there currently that forces this option.

Got to throw down with @Tracy Perry here. When my writing sites (not XF) went to a new platform last year, one of the first "features" that they turned off in the early days of the new software was the one that automatically set a watch in any thread you replied to. Not just threads you started, but ones you posted in. It drove me nuts to keep having to turn off alerts because I am fairly selective about which threads I want alerts on. I think alerts are still forced on for thread starters but that's less of a nuisance.

Even here, I only have watches on the Announcements and HYS forums, and the odd support thread I start (and the latter gets turned off once I have an answer that works for me).

In short, no one wants alerts to be "opt out". Too much work to keep turning stuff off you don't want. They should be "opt in".

However, if you want them on by default, then you have the answer upthread. Just be aware that that is a default and people can turn them back off.

I also agree that watching content should be a user choice. Even with that setting turned on, the user creating a thread can opt to turn it off before submitting - that's something that can't be turned off. Rather than forcing your users, why not educate them about the option to watch something they may be interested in? I doubt that anyone would create an addon to limit choice and if they did I don't believe many would use it.

You have the tool set already built in to the system, so work with it and your users and let them decide :)

Site will be work as a bot site if we stop promotion using YouTube . There may be lots of users in site but you got maximum 5% active user .
Welcome to the modern world of the internet.... where far and away the majority of it are consumers and not generators.

Top Bottom