1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unexpected Error

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Victor, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Victor

Victor Active Member

After backuping up my site last night I wake up this morning to find a unexpected error in database. I contacted server peeps.

In server it shows 0.14MB for database, the database that I took last night was 13.5MB. Came out twice the samething.

Well site was working fine when I went to bed at 1am now at 8am and after two hours with server peeps they say database is corrupt! I tried to do a restore of last night and it had critical error on it. I did another restore that I had and it took me back to I think now before I did the update to the candidate 2

Why?

I have the database here why is it all the sudden corrupt and I lost many post?

Just Really Bored

2. Victor

Victor Active Member

Closed I fixed it thanks :)

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It might help others if you explain what you did to resolve it.

I have seen at least one other person who reported a corrupt database.

4. Victor

Victor Active Member

The server peeps told me the database was corrupt. I don't know i am not a techy...

I had one that I tried to restore and got a error in MyphpAdmin. after I posted here I had other backups as well but what I did was

I deleted the database>created new database (same name, user, password)>than I restored the one that gave me a error earlier tying to restore it.

So far everything is working but I have no idea how to tell if it is corrupt, that is just what the server peeps said after trying to see why it wasn't working when I woke up this morning.

Does that help?

Thanks

Vic