Browser issue Unconfirmed: Report popup causes Dolphin to lock-up on Andriod tablet (with iPad user agent)

CTXMedia

One of my members has reported this and I couldn't find any other similar reports so wanted to throw it in just in case anyone else has experienced this and it is a bug.

Android tablet with Dolphin browser (and iPad user agent) - when he clicks the report link on a post the popup appears but then the machine locks up.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Android tablet with Dolphin browser (and iPad user agent) - when he clicks the report link on a post the popup appears but then the machine locks up.

A hard lock would be a problem with the device itself, either software or hardware. Though I can't test this as I don't have an android tablet.

I would ask anyone with an android tablet to try to reproduce this problem. That would be most helpful. Thanks.

Two of my users have similar problems with the Dolphin Browser:

User #1: Dolphin for Pad: "Whenever I tap on login and the big dropdown windows appears where I should enter username and password, it'll become laggy and eventually crash the browser." Some members here suggested it was a software compatibility issue with the new Android Icecream Sandwich. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/android-ics-browser-crashes.31515/

User #2: Dolphin browser for Samsung Bada OS. "If I write a message via mobile i have to write every single letter, space, delete space, next letter. If I write a word completely every word in my wordbook will be visible in the message."

EDIT: I asked my users to see if what happens when they click the report link, and they said everything worked fine and they were able to see where they type in the text for reporting.

So I don't know what's what here.

Top Bottom