XF 1.5 Unable to Find Ad Locations in Admin

Ogreman

How can I find the location of my ads on my forum if I did not place them in the first place? A former developer set it all up and has been gone for months.

This weekend, I get an email from an advertiser stating that I need to change some of the ads due to how they appear on mobile devices.

All I have done so far is default the skin that has less ads so that should help some. However, the only ad I can find so far is in the ad-below message file when I really need to access the ads near the top of the forum.

Is there a template or a style I should be looking at to find those ads? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the link:). That does help some.

However, been looking at all the templates and the below message one is the only one with a banner so far.

http://www.gameogre.com/forums/

I need to know where to find the banner above the New Media area. That should be Ad_Above_Content right? It's red as it has been edited, but just has this in that skin:
<xen:hook name="ad_above_content" />

Anywhere else it could be?

Ok, finally found it in Ultimate Ads:). It was not in styles at all. He was using the advance options with CSS wrapped around it for the header ads, but there is an option to just turn off that ad for all skins:).

Now all I have to do is figure out how to change the ad above content without hurting the skin's layout. Tried to change that in the header ad and not only did it not work, but I could not even paste the code back exactly without it messing up the skin. Thus, am glad I could just turn that off for now. The banner was now on the right hugging the banner and the menu below was running together. I guess I need to learn a bit of coding just to change that ad:).

Last edited:
Top Bottom