Unable to change thread titles?

Blakefire

I've noticed I, and even my members can not change the title of a thread once it's been posted. Is this an intentional feature? I didn't see an option for it in the ACP.

By default, only user groups that have the 'Manage thread by anyone' permission (found under Forum Moderator Permissions) can change thread titles.
However, there is a paid add-on that will allow you to assign 'Edit own thread title' to any user group you desire.
You may also request such a feature to be made into a free add-on here.

I've noticed I, and even my members can not change the title of a thread once it's been posted. Is this an intentional feature? I didn't see an option for it in the ACP.
When you are looking at the list of threads, look on the right side, just below Start Date, click Edit.

Yup, there is no permission for that. User essentials is really worth the money though, it doesn't just add a way for users to change the thread title, there is allot more to it.

What do you mean no permission?

I don't deny that user essentials is probably awesome. I use conversation essentials - and it truly is essential! :)

Just putting it out there in case the OP doesn't need all the extra jazz.

What do you mean no permission?

I don't deny that user essentials is probably awesome. I use conversation essentials - and it truly is essential! :)

Just putting it out there in case the OP doesn't need all the extra jazz.
There is no permission for allowing posters to change their thread title in core xF, it is a moderator permission, not a user permission and global for the node / entire forum, not just for own threads. I.e. there is no way to do this without an addon.

Top Bottom