http://ubuntuforums.org/announce.htmlUbuntu Forums is down for maintenance
There has been a security breach on the Ubuntu Forums. The Canonical IS team is working hard as we speak to restore normal operations. This page will be updated regularly with progress reports.
What we know
- Unfortunately the attackers have gotten every user's local username, password, and email address from the Ubuntu Forums database.
- The passwords are not stored in plain text. However, if you were using the same password as your Ubuntu Forums one on another service (such as email), you are stronglyencouraged to change the password on the other service ASAP.
- Ubuntu One, Launchpad and other Ubuntu/Canonical services are NOT affected by the breach.
- 2013-07-20 2011UTC: Reports of defacement
- 2013-07-20 2015UTC: Site taken down, this splash page put in place while investigation continues.
Any idea if it was due to a known vulnerability in vB? The recent disclosed vulnerability in vBSEO perhaps?