XF 2.2 Tying to uninstall an add-on resulted in the site going down

Orit

The add-on files are all deleted but the site is stuck in "The site is currently being upgraded. Please check back later" mode.
rebuilding master data did not help.

No reply yet from add-on developer.

Apart from installing the DB backup is there anything else to try first?

Will manually deleting all the occurrences of the add-on from the DB help in any way?

Thanks!!

I clicked uninstall in the ACP, simple as that. But apparently for some reason it did not uninstall correctly.

Anyway, we managed to upload the add-on files and reinstall the addon via a cli command and the site is up =>so this may be a solution for anyone else coming across a bug like this ;)

@Ozzy47 Thanks for taking time to try and resolve...

Okay, but that is not a solution. You have re-installed the addon and everything works fine, but you already decided you wanna delete the addon. So their needs to be a way that this addon is affecting your whole site.

Can you give more information about the addons you are using, and the addon that is causing conflicht? XF version and addon version?

Okay, but that is not a solution. You have re-installed the addon and everything works fine, but you already decided you wanna delete the addon. So their needs to be a way that this addon is affecting your whole site.

Can you give more information about the addons you are using, and the addon that is causing conflicht? XF version and addon version?

My hunch is the add-on was not installed correctly (maybe due to technical errors we had lately and are thankfully almost all resolved) so I am pleased with the outcome but will be more hesitant when uninstalling this add-on...

Removing the add-on files while the uninstaller is running can trigger all sorts of horrible behavior that can probably get you into a somewhat stuck state.

If there are errors viewing the site during the uninstall (template files being in a bad state, or maybe internal caching), this may cause the webserver (aka nginx) to mark up upstream php-fpm instance as broken which then kicks the entire site offline till nginx retries.

This is obviously a bad place to be in when using the web uninstaller, because it means the uninstaller will fail to run to completion.

Top Bottom