Twowheeldemon.com

TPerry

OK, finally brave enough to post the site for critique (and I know there will be plenty since I'm severely design challenged). Honest opinions welcome. It's still a work in progress as I learn more of what I can style (and what does what).

See it (and get yourself a good laugh) here.

Other then the logo being blurry, looks really good. Nice to see a unique style and well done at that.
The blurry is native to that font (unreal) and the gimp filter used... I tried for quite a while to make it sharp but it doesn't work well with transparency (of course, it doesn't help that I'm using Gimp - can't justify going and buying a high dollar editing software for something that is a hobby).
Thanks for the feedback!

Hahahaha, okay I had my laugh. Your site looks pretty nice, the only issue I see is that your background is loading up a bit slow. If it's a .gif, I'd recommend you changing it up to a .png, unless it moves or something that I haven't seen yet?

Hahahaha, okay I had my laugh. Your site looks pretty nice, the only issue I see is that your background is loading up a bit slow. If it's a .gif, I'd recommend you changing it up to a .png, unless it moves or something that I haven't seen yet?
Background is a 400x200 12k .jpg image. Will have to look and see what could be causing the background slowness as when I check it from my house it's almost instant (20MB down/2MB up). I'll convert it to a .png

It's now a 4k 40x20 .png and seems to load the same for me. If you get a chance, see if that made any difference for you.

Background is a 400x200 12k .jpg image. Will have to look and see what could be causing the background slowness as when I check it from my house it's almost instant (20MB down/2MB up). I'll convert it to a .png

It's now a 4k 40x20 .png and seems to load the same for me. If you get a chance, see if that made any difference for you.
Loading much better for me. I don't see anything wrong other than that, good job :)

Loading much better for me. I don't see anything wrong other than that, good job :)
Thanks.. don't know why the 16k one loaded slower tho'. That's still a small image and should have rendered fairly quickly. Oh well, reducing the size didn't effect the appearance any.

Other then the logo being blurry, looks really good. Nice to see a unique style and well done at that.
Figured out why the filter made it look blurry... it's called "ghost"... makes sense - ghosts are usually blurry, aren't they? ;)
Ended up creating another one without an image attachment to it.

Just spotted something you should really fix. I can see your ShoutBox right now, I'm not registered either. I'd suggest you make the shoutbox member only upon view AND post.

Just spotted something you should really fix. I can see your ShoutBox right now, I'm not registered either. I'd suggest you make the shoutbox member only upon view AND post.
yeah, I just enabled it for viewing so folks would be able to see what their missing... but post should not be able to be done. I debated going back to no access at all to it.. which I think I will....do - done. ;)

Now if I could figure out how to just simply run a php script directly from a page. Carter Lake has a nice weather radar script that I was able to integrate easily into myBB, but haven't figured out quite how to here (and would want it in the pages area with the other radars - which are basically animated GIF's from NWS).

Now if I could figure out how to just simply run a php script directly from a page. Carter Lake has a nice weather radar script that I was able to integrate easily into myBB, but haven't figured out quite how to here (and would want it in the pages area with the other radars - which are basically animated GIF's from NWS).
I wish you best of luck upon this matter, I suggest you just open a support thread here asking for some assistance on doing so, I've never tried to do this, but if I had, I'd give you all the assistance I could.

Use the callback in page nodes *it's an option in one of the tabs*
Go to the resources tab here and then development tutorials - Furhman has 2 tutorials that I know of utilizing the callback on page nodes. It allows you to use php on your page. I use it on my red dead site to pull data from another site.

Top Bottom