Lack of interest Two suggestions for the ignore poster feature

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

The Nth Doctor

I recently discovered that by ignoring a poster not only ignores their individual comments, but also entire threads they've started. That can be problematic if it's a larger topic like discussing a TV series, film, or film franchise which exists beyond the issues of that particular poster.

Would it be possible to create an option to only ignore individual posts and not entire threads? Something along the lines where the thread itself is still viewable in the forum index but doesn't show the ignored poster's comments?

Also, would it be possible to provide "Show Ignored Content" link on the top of the forum index and thread pages in addition to the bottom of the page? It's a bit inconvenient (and easily forgotten about) while going through the index and thread.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Just curious, why would you want to see any threads by a poster if you ignored them?

I know Facebook has a "hide post" feature but that's because you can literally see it thousands of times in your feed if it's continuously shared around, unlike 1 reply in 1 thread.

Obviously that 1 reply was emotionally provoking enough to make you want to ignore everything they post otherwise you'd scroll on by.

In my opinion, since you'd typically see a reply once, there really is no reason to hide it and see everything else. That is unless you had a political board and left/right go at it in there but are ok in other areas. In that case, it's a problem of members and you'd just need to deny them access to those specific boards until they can behave within them.

As I said in my post, it's for situations where that poster starts a thread about a film, series, or franchise that I would want to participate in. The thread in question that caught my attention of those this situation was a discussion of X-Men: Dark Phoenix, a film I want to talk about but I don't want it shuffled off because it was started by a poster I'm ignoring.

As for individual posts, this is a poster that I've tried to be reasonable with but it's gone on for so long that I can't take his crap anymore (and I'm far from the only person). The poster is civil (mostly) so he's not in the position of ever being banned. He's just someone I don't want to see posts from anymore.

Top Bottom