XF 2.1 Two-Step Verification Issue

carino

I am only just getting started with my Forum. I have much to learn, and really like Xenforo.

I have an issue I would like help on.

I have explored two-step verification. At this time, I want to disable it. I signed in to my forum as the administrator and in my own profile, I disabled two-step verification. Once that is done, I attempted to go back to the forums or log out. In either case, I receive a notice that I must enable two-step verification to continue. This is an endless loop. It appears for my admin account that I cannot disable two-step verification. Is this by design?

Thanks,

Steve

i think i just figured out that in my case at least...i think it was a user permission that bled thru from somewhere during the import....

i didnt verify it as fixed yet but it would make sense..

the config line was mandatory for setting up a test site, however, we did not want to use it for the live site....so this way members can choose prefs

i think i just figured out that in my case at least...i think it was a user permission that bled thru from somewhere during the import....

i didnt verify it as fixed yet but it would make sense..

the config line was mandatory for setting up a test site, however, we did not want to use it for the live site....so this way members can choose prefs

I removed that line from config file and reverted to default. Andy called my attention to the two-step condition that was set to enable in the admin profile. I made sure all user group permissions had it set to "no" and after a short bit, now seems to be working as I would like.

Steve

A special shout out to AndyB for helping me gain a much better understanding of setting up the forum. With Andy's help I set up the user group permissions correctly and I now have a much a better understanding of node permissions. My testing of my new forum by signing on with various user types is working the way I had always intended it should.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, ANDY.

Steve

Top Bottom