Two quick CSS / scripting queries

Phil Morse

Bought & installed, loving it, just got to iron out some pre-launch things.
  1. I need to add a small script to the <head></head> section of my forum. Where can I edit it, either via admin or by editing the appropriate file directly from my server?
  2. Following on from this, I would like to include an ad network's code to display a wide banner above everything - to do this I need to alter the CSS so the forum begins a number of pixels lower than it does, leaving a blank space at the top of the page for me to insert the ad. How do I do this?
  3. Finally, I need to add the ad network's script into the <body></body> somewhere (doesn't matter where, I'll position it with CSS). Can you tell me the easiest way to do this please?
Thanks for your help, looking forward to launching...

The best place to add any custom JavaScript is to the PAGE_CONTAINER template.

Create a new template with your .js and include it using <xen:include template="name_of_template" />

Regarding the banner, there are a number of blank ad_ templates which can be used for that purpose.
It depends where you want it exactly, but search in the template system for any templates beginning ad_.
You can paste your ad code into whichever one is the most appropriate.

Again, the PAGE_CONTAINER template is where you can add code to between the body tags.

You do all of that in the ACP.

Top Bottom