Two questions

blok601

Hello! I currently use myBB which is decent, but not what I am looking for. I know a lot of professional companies and such use XenForo which I love by the way.

My questions are:

1. Once I buy the licence, I won't have free upgrades unless I buy the next version up?

2. Are the permissions customizable? Are their ways to make staff groups?

1. Included with the initial purchase are 12 months of support and updates. After that time, you can continue to use the license but in order to download newer versions and benefit from ticket support, a 1 year extension would have to be purchased.

2. Yes.

1. Included with the initial purchase are 12 months of support and updates. After that time, you can continue to use the license but in order to download newer versions and benefit from ticket support, a 1 year extension would have to be purchased.

2. Yes.
Alright thanks.

Also, I will only need to pay 40$ for the extension right?

I converted from MyBB 1.8 to Xenforo, and while I have used paid addons, a lot of the addons I have used are free. Only real issue is if you use the Google SEO plugin, as those URL's don't have an id which makes it harder to import.

I actually have one last question:

Once I am a version or so behind, does it lose anything? Like does it deprecate it? Or will I just be a couple versions behind and not have all the features?

If you are a second point release behind (x.X.x) you will be missing out on the latest features.

If you are a third point release behind (x.x.X) you will be missing out on the latest bug fixes.

Top Bottom