XF 1.4 Two posts inside a thread are #2

imthebest

Hi,

On my forum there is one thread with the following problem:

Post 1 - #1
Post 2 - #2
Post 3 - #2
Post 4 - #3

As you can see, post 2 and 3 are both listed with #2 at the bottom right. This just happened today. Post 3 was posted from an iPhone 6 (iOS 8.1) with very poor Wi-Fi signal (keep losing connection).

Thanks,
Super120

with very poor Wi-Fi signal (keep losing connection)

That's likely why. Nothing to be worried about.

Another site I frequent was having major server issues the other night (ended up going down for an hour and a half) and something I posted got posted twice and ended up having the same post number when I came back later and noticed it. I just deleted the duplicate.

Post 1 (posted by A) - #1
Post 2 (posted by A) - #2
Post 3 (posted by B) - #2
Post 4 (posted by C) - #3

The post 3 was mine (user B) and in fact it was posted twice (due to the Wi-Fi problem). I deleted the duplicate however my post is still being listed as #2 when in fact it should be #3. Then user C came and posted the post 4 and his post is being listed as post #3.

Maybe I'm wrong but it looks like vBulletin 3.8 was more robust in this aspect. I mean I never remember seeing a duplicate post number within a thread.

Post numbers are stored with the post, not generated dynamically. Rebuild thread information in your caches and make sure you rebuild the post counters.

Top Bottom