XF 1.4 Two moderator groups

Zynektic

With the default *Moderating I have adjusting this accordingly for Super Moderators and made another moderator usergroup so that they can have username and a user banner which when adding a moderator to selected forums I can select this usergroup and show them as staff.

My question is, should I set the permissions via the new moderator group or permissions to that user when adding them as a moderator to a particular forum? I assume if I add permissions to that usergroup this allows them to use them forum wide even if they only have access to that specific forum and if so, I should just alter their permissions when adding that specific user and not via the usergroup?

Hopefully that makes sense!

Also, what does the * in front of the default usergroups mean and is it safe to rename *Moderating to Super Moderator or does it need the * still?

It's up to you how you assign the permissions.
Doing it via a user group makes it quicker and easier to apply the same permissions to other moderators.

If you want them to have global moderating capability, create them as super moderators, otherwise as forum moderators.

Also, what does the * in front of the default usergroups mean and is it safe to rename *Moderating to Super Moderator or does it need the * still?
Which * ?

You can rename the default user groups to anything you like.

OK, I will set them via the usergroup then, I was just unsure whether doing this bypassed permissions when only adding them as a moderator to specific forums and not super moderator, thanks!

Ah, I just wondered why the default groups where named as *Administrator, *Moderating etc, thanks!

Nope, when I installed the forum software it came that way, even when we had a fresh install via VelocityIO it came that way too - not sure what the issue is there then =\

Top Bottom