XF 2.2 Two forums under one installation

jul

Hello all,

Is it possible to run two entirely different forums under one installation? Or a way to share the same users/database?
On the two forums I don't want to share all the same add-ons, categories, nodes, navigation, etc… Yet I want some data to be shared. Or is this a little bit far fetched?

There is a third party add-on which may do what you want.

It will require one XF license for each installation.

Do keep in mind that if the third party addon breaks, it will break your site until it is fixed. I had this happen at some point and it took months before it was resolved. I could not wait that long so I deleted all sites except the most important one.

Some things are just too critical to rely upon third party solutions. In my experience this is one of those things.

Do keep in mind that if the third party addon breaks, it will break your site until it is fixed. I had this happen at some point and it took months before it was resolved. I could not wait that long so I deleted all sites except the most important one.

Some things are just too critical to rely upon third party solutions. In my experience this is one of those things.
Unless it's by Bob.

There is a third party add-on which may do what you want.

It will require one XF license for each installation.

I am aware of the licenses. It seems like that add-on is still listed as a release candidate for over a year now. With replies in the discussion that suggest the add-on is quite buggy with no actual support.

It seems like I'll just use two different installations. Thanks for the advice!

Top Bottom