Two and a Half Men Without Charlie Sheen?

Indeed, it is a real shame. It was a gret show, one of my favourites.
+2 (my wife AND I)!
Chuck Lorre is a very funny and creative guy so he might find a way to pull it off, but it would seem rather ghostly around there. Also Angus is getting bigger than the Green Giant... They might be able to transition HIS character into having more traits like Charlie... Hard to imagine it's not having a cobbled together feeling, but it could be worth a shot.
I'll bet they're really glad they didn't call it the Charlie Sheen show.

Charlie's pretty good but I think he's a bit overrated... like the song: "All I gotta do is... act na-a-cherly!"

I'll really miss the supporting cast's characters though. I think they were really the meat of the show, and Charlie was the foil. Just mho.

I bet the show will somehow go the same way as Coupling did (The British version, mind you. The American version of it lacked the brilliant timing that the British actors had) once Richard Coyle left the show.
Now that was a great show (the Brit version)! I have all the series on DVD. I must watch them again. Never saw the American version.

Now that was a great show (the Brit version)! I have all the series on DVD. I must watch them again. Never saw the American version.

Agreed. Way funnier than Friends. I have them up until season 3. For some reason I never fellt like buying Season 4, but perhaps I should. But definitely, the show's success was for a large part purely due to Jeff. The character itself was brilliant, but Coyle had the character nailed to an absolute T.

I think I saw half an episode of the US version. What they did was use the exact script from the British version, but using American actors (I guess for the accent). If you knew the original, it was like watching some cheap copy of it.

Not sure how it was if you only knew the US version, but I don't think there was more than one season of it.

So the Americans never got to see nor experience... the giggle loop! ....or got educated about "the fork". .....or Shadayim! :ROFLMAO:

One or two of those might've been in the first season, though. But yes, Coyle was brilliant.

And now back to Charlie Sheen....

The UK gets lots of US shows. I'm in Canada but have a very good UK friend who supplies me with the latest scoop on Brit TV - I even have a proxy for the BBC, who don't like to share their airwaves outside the UK.

+2 (my wife AND I)!
Chuck Lorre is a very funny and creative guy so he might find a way to pull it off, but it would seem rather ghostly around there. Also Angus is getting bigger than the Green Giant... They might be able to transition HIS character into having more traits like Charlie... Hard to imagine it's not having a cobbled together feeling, but it could be worth a shot.
I'll bet they're really glad they didn't call it the Charlie Sheen show.

Charlie's pretty good but I think he's a bit overrated... like the song: "All I gotta do is... act na-a-cherly!"

I'll really miss the supporting cast's characters though. I think they were really the meat of the show, and Charlie was the foil. Just mho.

Yes, Charlie is a very good actor, no doubt about it but Jon Cryer, Angus and the rest of the cast are what makes the show. I think it can go on without Charlie just the same and be even better. With the kid grown up now they have plenty of variety to throw in the show.

Top Bottom