• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Tweet Topics - Auto Twitter Submit on New Thread

Thank you for answering SchmitzIT,

I know, I'm using this other Add-on (AutoSocial), but has the disadvantage that feeds of all forums.

This had very good looks, the downside is that the author left it.

Would be nice if some of the good programmers that there are Xenforo update it.

Greetings.
i have been using twitterfeed since the days when xf didnt have a global rss. i have it set up using each nodes individual rss feed. this allows me to append different twitter #hashes to each tweet dependant upon the node the thread originated from.

Thanks for answering dieketzer,

I really do not like having to use third parties if I have another option as this addon (AutoSocial) and as I said before this looked interesting.

There are waiting to see if some of you pick it up and repairs and how Anthony Parsons said in an earlier message though had to give some money.

Greetings.

I will help pay for an update to this mod to work in 1.1 and ads a couple threshold options (post thread when a certain number of views/likes/posts are reach). Is anyone interested?

I ended up just putting in the effort "once" at http://twitterfeed.com, thus no more problems when it comes to upgrades, etc... or having to rely on a mod to maintain their development. This way covers Twitter and Facebook in one sitting.
I've ended up doing that too but it's not tweeting every post which is why I liked this addon so much. I don't even think this addon was meant to tweet every post either lol

I don't even think this addon was meant to tweet every post either lol
Correct, it wasn't. It was only designed to tweet the threads, which it did correctly when initially made for the early 1.0.x RC (I think when this was made). It continued to work through 1.0.x, but due to XF code changes, then started tweeting every post. 1.1.x broke this entirely with its code changes.

This thread should be deleted IMO now... as the developer has shot through.

Correct, it wasn't. It was only designed to tweet the threads, which it did correctly when initially made for the early 1.0.x RC (I think when this was made). It continued to work through 1.0.x, but due to XF code changes, then started tweeting every post. 1.1.x broke this entirely with its code changes.

This thread should be deleted IMO now... as the developer has shot through.

So no way to set a threshold for tweeting threads on that service? I really need it to only tweet when a thread becomes relevant by number of views or responses.

I can try to make some updates. But I have run into some issues mainly couldn't figure how not to tweet for redirect threads without editing the code and I am finding it takes me a long time to trace events around in the code and then figuring why things don't work. That's why I stop doing some work on xenforo at the moment.

Top Bottom