Lack of interest [Tweak] Locked Threads doesn't stop report button.

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Carlos

Recently I locked a thread where a member was trying to scold users into downloading a copy of MW3 on my forum.

This didn't stop the thread starter from reporting a post that I made saying that [that] thread is locked. I found it irritating.

The report button is supposed to be used for an open thread, informing a moderator or administrator of an open thread of some trouble.

Can we please disable reports on a LOCKED thread?

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
There is a tweak to achive this, if you want.

Open the file library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Post and find this:

PHP:
if (!$this->_getPostModel()->canReportPost($post, $thread, $forum, $errorPhraseKey))

Replace with this:

PHP:
if (!$this->_getPostModel()->canReportPost($post, $thread, $forum, $errorPhraseKey) || !$thread['discussion_open'])

Probably be easier to tweak it in the templates rather than the code, unless you plan on using an event listener.

But if I do it now it's going to be overwritten and then I have to come back to this thread and do it all over again.

Or, as James said, you could open the template post, find this:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$post.canReport}">

and replace with this:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$post.canReport} && {$thread.discussion_state} == 1">

Top Bottom