Add-on Turn entire forum private with a page to sign up

king8084

good day

i am looking for a mod that will turn the entire forum private with a switch of a button in ACP, when thats done, guests will get a page that ask them to register FROM THAT PAGE

will pay

ask them to register FROM THAT PAGE

I believe most of what you need is already available but this part got me. Do you need to know exactly what page people were on when they were prompted to register? And should the registration be 'over' that page or can simply redirecting to the signup page suffice?

I believe most of what you need is already available but this part got me. Do you need to know exactly what page people were on when they were prompted to register? And should the registration be 'over' that page or can simply redirecting to the signup page suffice?
available how?

available how?

If you go to your admin CP, click 'Users' in the top header -> List User Groups -> *Select the Unregistered / Unconfirmed group* then remove their permissions accordingly. If you have disabled enough (could just do all) then they shouldn't be able to view any of your forums, topics, posts, members etc and will simply be presented with a login / register page.

To re-enable, simply grant the relevant permissions again.

If you go to your admin CP, click 'Users' in the top header -> List User Groups -> *Select the Unregistered / Unconfirmed group* then remove their permissions accordingly. If you have disabled enough (could just do all) then they shouldn't be able to view any of your forums, topics, posts, members etc and will simply be presented with a login / register page.

To re-enable, simply grant the relevant permissions again.
you missed the "switch of a button" comment lol

how will this trigger the registration page instead?

i was looking for a way to present the registration window from that page directly

This is exactly the same as what I have described except he has given you the URL, so it does the same thing.

What if someone is already registered and they're just looking to login? They are going to have problems as a registered (but not logged in user) is going to be treated as a 'guest' until they actually login.

The login page has a 'No create an account' button so it is somewhat a registration page already.

Top Bottom