Turkish government has blocked Youtube and Twitter

shenmuee

~~ China? North Korea? Hey guys. Turkey is gonna join you!
Turkish government has blocked Twitter and Youtube! Next Facebook. Democracy is dead.
But the funny thing is we all can use by changing the DNS.

Turkey? The country you are trying to reach is currently unavailable. Please try
again after the elections.

Not only us but the whole world hates you! Recep Tayyip Erdoğan...

Last edited:
there is regulations and legislations each country if twitter and youtube dont accept this legislations they are accept some precautions. any page isnt important from legislations and all pages must apply rules..

Actually Australia is the king of internet blocking and many western countries, including the UK have been working on comprehensive blacklists and filters for years. It certainly is not only a manifestation of non-democratic countries. Russia is also implementing an extensive internet filter. These internet blacklists will block many forums and blogs. Especially those with politically unwanted or somewhat controversial content.
After all in democratic countries the media and therefore websites have much more effect on politics and therefore the need to control the internet is much larger from a political perspective.

Maybe this will create more people you know... going out and making real connections in real life? Instead caring so much of spamming for friends, followers, and likes?

At best, the average social media user subjects themselves to surveillance, marketing strategies, trolling, misinformation, brain washing techniques, and tries to install on your psyche things like trends, influence, Hollywood, etc. This can and usually does keep people in their chairs, in front of their computers, continuing to be a slave to that which they've been lead to believe are the most important things. Sheeple, some people like to call them.

Yes, social media has its advantages. But I see it severly effecting our new generations to come. Especially mine, as more and more people are comfortable talking over text then they are face to face.

There's a fine line between letting the citizens of the country you control know what's going on in the ranks and purposely hiding material that would otherwise turn the tide of support. As is present in this particular case. I'm not a fan of the country or its leadership. I can say with great certainty that you can only control your people for so long before they lash out. The uprisings during the Gezi park issue, the latest uprising where that boy from the Gezi park riots suffered a blow to the head and died after being in a long coma, and this political suicide mission the Turkish government is participating in will only lead to events like the ones in Egypt.

Though it's always interesting to read news outlet comments and picking out the posters who are more than likely part of an astroturfing campaign.

Top Bottom