Trying to solve a small performance issue..

JeffTN

Ok, so Xenforo seems to be running fairly well on my small forum. I'm just seeing something that bugs me.

As you move from page to page through the forum, there's a noticeable delay before the menu bar/tabs re-appear. I think it exists with the footer as well, but that's not as noticeable.

It happens on the default style and my slightly customized style.

The VPS is fairly low end (Xeon 3.2, 1GB RAM), but performance otherwise seems reasonable.
Apache, PHP 5.3, APC caching.

Any suggestions on how to track this down? It isn't a huge issue, but it is irritating.

The site is TNOutdoorForum.com if you want to take a look. It's a bit hideous since I haven't changed the colors from the xenforo defaults yet. :D

Looking at your site, it still happens for me. It does the same thing for my forum too. Not sure why it happens.

The only delay I could find was the time it took to load Facebook.

Sadly, this is something on Facebook's end and nothing really you can control.

I personally discontinued Facebook on my site and saved between 5 - 8 seconds, but that's just me.

I guess it wasn't the ads. It seemed to help, but the delay is still there. Hmm.. I might experiment with removing the Facebook integration temporarily to see if it helps.

What I have done already before and doesn't seem to change something. I mean, the content of sidebar_share_page.

It's probably related to the loading of the earlier javascript. Try to add XF Optimize and enable the option to defer the javascripts.
Not sure at 100% it's because of that, but it does seem to help for my case.

Top Bottom