1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Trying to run a SQL query for youtube links

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by dawg, Jun 24, 2014.

1. dawg

dawg Well-Known Member

I have already tried the find and replace and is not working for me since i have thousands and thousands of video links. I tried the example code to load 5000 at a time but it degrades over time and you are saving 20 videos at a time. I just dont have the time.

I just want to fix youtube nothing else. I tries this SQL query but nothing. The variable is stumping me.

Code:
    UPDATE xf_post SET message = REPLACE(message,'#\[video=youtube;([^\]]+)\]([^\[]+)\[/video\]#siU','[media=youtube]');
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. caliman

caliman Active Member

3. dawg

dawg Well-Known Member

4. caliman

caliman Active Member

It's probably upper case - change youtube to YOUTUBE.

5. dawg

dawg Well-Known Member

But i dont see how that command will fix a link like this one.

Code:
    [video=youtube;-pzXyOWa7dg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pzXyOWa7dg[/video] 
    Doesn't work lower or upper case. I think we need some kind of variable but I'm no expert.

6. caliman

caliman Active Member

That doesn't look like stock vB video code. At least 3.8. I don't recognize that format.

7. dawg

dawg Well-Known Member

Yeah it's Vbulletin 4 leftover code.

8. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

9. dawg

dawg Well-Known Member

Hi jake i tried that tool for hours with no success. I found your snipet of code where you can limit the amount of instances it looks for but i have

Code:
    162132 matches in xf_post
    It would take me a month. When i try more than a couple of thousand i get a memory time out.