XF 1.5 Trying to get into styling...

MatthewH

I'm trying to get into styling a bit, to make my own custom style. Something basic. Nothing major.

I've seen a couple things around the site, but nothing that will really help me get myself into the system and such.

Really what I'm looking for is something to help guide me through the initial steps to make sure I'm doing everything right, because the styling system on XenForo is just...ugh.

I'm trying to get into styling a bit, to make my own custom style. Something basic. Nothing major.

I've seen a couple things around the site, but nothing that will really help me get myself into the system and such.

Really what I'm looking for is something to help guide me through the initial steps to make sure I'm doing everything right, because the styling system on XenForo is just...ugh.

While there is a learning curve, the system is far from... "ugh" :D

What are you stuck on exactly? What do you think you're not doing correct?

Some guides that may help:
Don't hesitate to ask specific questions in this area though, everyone starts somewhere.

My best advice is to just dig in, browse the color palette, change a color to bright pink to see what it changes, play with the style properties to see what they do and most of all... have fun :D

While there is a learning curve, the system is far from... "ugh" :D

What are you stuck on exactly? What do you think you're not doing correct?

Some guides that may help:
Don't hesitate to ask specific questions in this area though, everyone starts somewhere.

My best advice is to just dig in, browse the color palette, change a color to bright pink to see what it changes, play with the style properties to see what they do and most of all... have fun :D
Oh this is hilarious. I actually just requested a quote for custom design work on PE earlier tonight...

Well it's just like. Okay, so say I want a bootstrap feel. Is it better to modify all the CSS provided? Or just to reference bootstrap and modify the classes? That's one question.

I noticed other things. Like, when I did reference bootstrap and replaced the basic navbar, other elements didn't really...change. Like, the navbar kind of covered the breadcrumbs...certain elements like the open login little tab was shifted up, the search bar was acting weird.

Top Bottom