trophy usergroups

Jo.

Can the trophy usergroups be used to set usergroups so that they transfer automatically to a different usergroup after a set number of posts (for example)? Say you have a 'registered member' usergroup and after say, 50 posts, you want them to automatically get promoted to 'regular member' usergroup, can this be done using the trophies and the trophy usergroup thing?

I don't really understand how trophy usergroups work, and we're trying to figure out how to make it so we don't have to manually set usergroups after a member posts a set number of times (nightmare task to undertake manually!). I know there's a request for usergroup promotions, which I think is desperately needed, but we were just wondering if you could explain the trophy system and in particular 'trophy usergroups' and what they do, cos we wondered if we could set usergroups that way?

Also, if it is possible, is it also possible to do this without having actual trophies visible on the forum or on member profiles?

thanks :) But some trophy points are based on set number of post acheived right?

Does the usergroup then change when you reach that trophy point?

thanks :) But some trophy points are based on set number of post acheived right?

Does the usergroup then change when you reach that trophy point?

Yeah they are. The usergroup changes after they achieve the number of trophy points that's designated in your admin area...you can set these to really whatever you want.

Trophies are not related to user groups, just user titles.

Think of trophy points as post count, as far as regular forums go.
So for example, you have a user title of New Member which is the default and requires no posts or trophy points.
You also have a user title of Regular Member which requires 10 trophy points.
You then create a trophy which is awarded for making 100 posts and is worth 10 points.

So after a user makes 100 posts, they will be awarded a trophy, gain 10 trophy points and their user title will change.

Reactions: Jo.
Top Bottom