XF 1.1 Trobule deleting a glitched thread

Trover

The thread I am trying to delete is here.

The reason, I'm trying to delete this thread is because, for some reason, it is still in my thread index, and when the hover preview is triggered for this particular thread, the page gives an error. Is there any way I could hard delete this post? Ive tried using this link http://epoint.me/threads/157/delete , and I am still receiving an error. If anyone has any input on this I would really appreciate it. I realize that this is sort of a specialized issue, so it may be hard to give me a complete answer. Regardless, thanks in advance for any help. Bug fixing can be a pain... (n)

I get the following message when clicking the URL: The requested forum could not be found.

Can you post the forum where the thread is showing?

I get the following message when clicking the URL: The requested forum could not be found.

Can you post the forum where the thread is showing?

The thread can be found on this page, and has the title "testing seller code."
The thing is, I'm not really sure what forum it would be located in as the index/main page on my site is customized to be a feed of all a bunch of "forums." I actually think it was located in a testing forum that I created a while ago, that is now deleted... which is strange. I've been bug fixing for a while, and to even view the 14th page without errors I had to disable the hover preview, and I believe I finally found the source. That glitched thread.

There is a known bug whereby deleting a forum doesn't automatically delete the threads.
However, they would normally disappear from view as the forum no longer exists.

What system are you using to aggregate threads in that manner?

It's a custom template that simply takes all of the threads from a certain parent node. Which is still puzzling me since the forum was deleted, and shouldn't be under the parent node anymore..

If you're comfortable running queries, try doing this:
Code:
UPDATE xf_thread
SET node_id = x
WHERE node_id = y
Where x is the new node ID and y is the existing node ID.

Then you should be able to delete the thread in the normal manner.
It may require a cache rebuild before it shows though.

That script probably isn't checking for orphaned threads. You would have to modify the code. If you can post the code or tell me what script that is (so I can find the code) then I can probably fix it for you.

Top Bottom