[TRN] Discussion Preview [Deleted]

is it really important to distinguish between these two

No, it's not important, I was just using them as examples. If combining them as one option works better, then do it that way. And to be honest, I would set them both to "Last Post" and just have Forum View as "First Post" anyway because I think that makes most sense.

If possible, an option for "Watched Threads" could be pretty handy though (y)

Thank you for considering :)

Last edited:
Hi @farang,

Thank you for the update, watched threads is working great (y)

I'm not sure if my suggestion was implemented and not working or if it wasn't implemented, but I can still only choose either "first post" or "last post" in all areas...

Screen Shot 2016-03-06 at 13.53.52.webp

In the event it was just confusion about the suggestion, I mocked this image up to help show how the options could possibly work if implemented...

post-preview-mock.webp
Other than that, I've had a play around and things seems to be working well (y)

Thanks again :)

Also, how about an option to change the color of the preview or make it italics? That would help distinguish it from the thread title a bit.

postpreview.webp

Well, I don't use XF default style, so I haven't tried this, but you can try adding this to your EXTRA.css template...

Code:
.discussionListItem .secondRow .text blockquote {
        color: red;
}

...if it comes up red, you know it's working and then you can do your edits

Hi @farang,

Thank you for the update, watched threads is working great (y)

I'm not sure if my suggestion was implemented and not working or if it wasn't implemented, but I can still only choose either "first post" or "last post" in all areas...

View attachment 130008

In the event it was just confusion about the suggestion, I mocked this image up to help show how the options could possibly work if implemented...

View attachment 130009
Other than that, I've had a play around and things seems to be working well (y)

Thanks again :)

Hi @RichardKYA

I've done it like that deliberately because I think the visitors/members of the forum would be confused to see previews from the first post of the threads in one forum area while seeing previews from the last post of the threads in another area.

Let me see what I can do ... ;)

Well, I don't use XF default style, so I haven't tried this, but you can try adding this to your EXTRA.css template...

Code:
}

Good solution! Thanks for sharing @RichardKYA

EDIT: Don't edit EXTRA.css. This add-on has it's own style properties now.
Style Properties: [fgX] Discussion Preview

Last edited:

Code:
}

I ended up doing this before you replied.

Code:
.discussionListItem .secondRow blockquote {
font-style: italic;
color: grey;
}

Would it be better if I added the .text part?

Top Bottom