Trim Reply Quote

Trim Reply Quote 1.4

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Remove Reply Quote - Removes the quoted text when a member clicks the Reply link.

Description:

Removes the quoted text when a member clicks the Reply link.

Installation:
  1. Download removereplyquote_v1.0.zip and unzip it.
  2. Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location will be library/Andy.
  3. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
  4. Upload the addon-RemoveReplyQuote_v1.0.xml file.
  5. Click the Install Add-on button.
Sending a donation:

If you like this add-on, please consider sending a...

Read more about this resource...

Andy, does this affect highlighting to quote? I hate people clicking the reply option, but don't want to lose the function of highlight to quote.

I haven't gotten to installing this yet... though would it be a nice feature that when you click the post "Reply" option, that it simply tags the user, whilst the select to quote works as normal?

I know it is all integrated together, so not sure it can be done.

This has now got exciting... I will have to install and take a look. That quote button is such a huge pain in my backside for my staff editing quotes down.

One of those add-ons that you think - why isn't it core?

Would be great to see it also trim/remove quoted images and media - grrrr, I hate is when lazy users quote images and youtube videos and you see if multiple times.

Me too & I don't hang around long on forums where that happens.

While this add-on is for removing quotes from the 'reply' function it would be good to see something available where images are involved for the other quote options ie highlight to quote & multiquote. If full-size images are in the quote maybe force them to thumbnail?

This has a conflict with Hide add-on, when they quote the message the hidden content is shown without even replying, i had to disable it for now.

One of my favourite add-offs. Reply/quote drives my mods barmy. Could consideration be given to the having the option to complete remove the reply/quote function as we had in v1?

I'm going to try it anyway but any issues with using earlier Remove Reply Quote on xF v1.5?

Andy, just found a huge issue with this. If you type in the quick reply field, normal response, then choose more options, the trim reply is being activated and trimming the reply content and adding ellipses and a closing quote to the end of the content.

If you type in the quick reply field, normal response, then choose more options, the trim reply is being activated and trimming the reply content and adding ellipses and a closing quote to the end of the content.
I cannot replicate this.
What content did you type in quick editor?

Top Bottom