Resource icon

Trash Can Forum 1.0.1

No permission to download
  • Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

ragtek submitted a new resource:

Trash Can Forum (version 1.0.0) - Move threads with only 2 clicks to your trash can forum

If you don't have TMS (http://xenforo.com/community/threads/template-modification-system-tms.27973/ ) installed, you need to change the thread_view template after the add-on installation

Search for
Code:
<xen:if is="{$deletedPosts}">
<li><a href="{xen:link threads/show-posts, $thread, 'page={$page}'}" class="MessageLoader" data-messageSelector="#messageList .message.deleted.placeholder">{xen:phrase show_deleted_posts}</a></li>
</xen:if>

add below:

Code:
<xen:if...

Read more about this resource...

Fabulous, as usual. How can I go about renaming the menu option in the thread tools (i.e., "Move to Evidence Locker" instead of "Move to Recycle Bin")? I can edit a file, if you point me to the right one. :)

You'll need to edit the ragtek_move_to_recyclebin phrase
Fabulous, as usual. How can I go about renaming the menu option in the thread tools (i.e., "Move to Evidence Locker" instead of "Move to Recycle Bin")? I can edit a file, if you point me to the right one. :)

What is this for, thanks?
Not sure how everyone will use it, but I can offer how my community plans to use it. In my community, no threads or posts are deleted outright. Threads or posts that breach our Rules of Conduct are instead moved to an "Evidence Locker" forum that is only visible to moderators and administrators. This protects our moderators, in the event that a warning is contested, by ensuring that the offending post is preserved. Similarly, it protects our posters who wish to protest a moderator's actions by ensuring that administrators have access to the post in question.

another example:
we had a event board in an old forum from me.
before i created an add-on to move automatic the events when they were over, the mods had to move them to the "event review" forum and this add-on saved them some clicks;)

ok it's not much, but if you have to move 100 threads per days, it's really nice to have this^^

So does this basically do what this does:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/setting-up-a-trash-forum.28187/ - what's the benefit over the add-on compared to this code ?

Also when you move threads into trash, does it effect the Messages count in the Fourm Statistics sidebar ?
This addon allows you to have the option of (a) deleting the message or (b) moving it to a recycle bin. The trash forum addon, in contrast, makes all deleted messages appear in the trash forum.

Regarding message count, this depends on whether you set up your recycle bin forum to contribute to post counts. It's up to you.

This addon allows you to have the option of (a) deleting the message or (b) moving it to a recycle bin. The trash forum addon, in contrast, makes all deleted messages appear in the trash forum.

Regarding message count, this depends on whether you set up your recycle bin forum to contribute to post counts. It's up to you.
BUT, it's not automatic in recycle bin if you delete it!
You can delete it (if you have perms)=> it's in nirvana
OR
You can move it to recycle bin (it's like using the stanard xf "move thread" feature)

Great mod. A very little suggestion, the string:

"Sure that you want to move this thread to trash?"

could be in a phrase for an easier translation ;)

Great mod. A very little suggestion, the string:

"Sure that you want to move this thread to trash?"

could be in a phrase for an easier translation ;)
ups

thx for this, will be fixed today. not sure why this wasn't replaced:D

Apart from having the Move to Recycle Bin option in Thread Tools, how else is this addon beneficial ? Because, we can just create a new Forum and move unwanted threads in there, which is what we still have to do using this add-on.

Just wondering.

Well, my community has a hundreds of forums and subforums. When my mods move a thread, they have to sort scroll through all of these hundreds of forums to select our "Evidence Locker" forum. This plugin provides a shortcut. This is also why I hope it'll include individual posts, eventually, because they still have to scroll a lot to move these.

Apart from having the Move to Recycle Bin option in Thread Tools, how else is this addon beneficial ? Because, we can just create a new Forum and move unwanted threads in there, which is what we still have to do using this add-on.

Just wondering.

It is the same, but with this addon you save some steps in the operation.

I take the post to make another suggestion to ragtek:

It's possible to add the "Move to Recycle Bin" action here (in thread list)?
thread_list.webp

Top Bottom