Translation Traditional Chinese Translation [Taiwanese Mandarin]

I am currently using XF-version 1.4.4 and I would like to install 2 language-files:

- traditional chinese
- simplified chinese

Could you please tell me which translations I should use ?
There are a few translations here in XenForo, but some are quite old and since I do not speak any chinese it is hard for me to evaluate which language-packs are properly translated.

I have used these translations in the past, but I am sure there are more up-to-date packages.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/chinese-simplify-language-package.5524/

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/chinese-traditional-language-processing-work-package-中文-繁體-語系包-工作處理中.5707/

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/chinese-language-translation-non-net-style.8854/#post-121930

Please feel free to contact me via Private Conversation.
I am willing to donate for a proper translation.

I do appreciate your help!

Many thanks!

:)

Last edited:
To erich37,
I just made some updates. A simplified Chinese version is also included NOW but it was simply converted by software. So some simplified Chinese translations will NOT be idealistic but at least you can get started. You may have to change some phrases properly by yourself.

I hope this will be helpful for you!

@lifehome It was @CJC but as you can see he made his own above.

I might just work on a Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong) one... after I finish updating my addons.

Sorry , it didn't work out. Cause I waited for many days and thought you probably changed your mind or not really interested, so I had to do it myself. Honestly I'd rather pay someone to do it for me or pay extra money to Xenforo for an official Chinese version.

================================================

Anyway, we really have to help each other. Now there is simply not enough Chinese buyers for Xenforo to take us seriously. I just switched from VBulletin to Xenforo mainly because VBulletin treated Chinese user badly (their development also sucks after about version 3.8). I hope my sharing is helpful for those who need it. Let's improve the Chinese translation version and share your improvement to everyone!

Cheers!

Last edited:
To erich37,
I just made some updates. A simplified Chinese version is also included NOW but it was simply converted by software. So some simplified Chinese translations will NOT be idealistic but at least you can get started. You may have to change some phrases properly by yourself.

I hope this will be helpful for you!

Thank you very much for your kind help!

:)

I do not speak any chinese, so I am wondering: How properly is this software-translation ?
Will chinese users laugh about this translation (made by software) or is it rather O.K. ?

:barefoot:

I do not speak any chinese, so I am wondering: How properly is this software-translation ?
Will chinese users laugh about this translation (made by software) or is it rather O.K. ?

I don't understand that if you don't speak any Chinese, how you could manage a Chinese forum...... must be very hard.

Anyway for traditional Chinese, it will work very well; for simplified Chinese, it should work generally fine. It's just because some culture differences that some phrases are used differently, especially short phrases or verbs. For example:
Post user's recent status (I don't remember exactly, but its for the right side bar to show users' newest statement)= 公佈 (traditional Chinese) = 公布 (simplified Chinese)

They should be able to understand the meaning though the wordings may not be idealistic. If users feel something is not right, just ask them to contact you to fix it. However the reason I released the software converted simplified Chinese (not software translated btw. They are converted from traditional Chinese version) is for Xenforo buyers from China to get started quickly. It's not really for English admin.

Anyway, that's all I can say. Hopefully this is helpful for you as well.

Top Bottom