Tracking visitors

Spartan

Is there an add-on available to help track visitors? I do use google analytics, but I question the number of new visitors reported (average 20% each day, which I believe is high). My guess is google analytics uses ip addresses to generate their stats, and there are still a fair number of people who have dynamic ip addresses (assuming that is the proper term).

My hope is there is a way to use a cookie to track visitors to my xenforo forums.

All suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

Nothing complicated - id like to know the true number of total unique visitors each day, and the number of new visitors.
If that's all you want to track then you just need to have the code on your site. xF has this already added to the platform, you just have to fill in your gA ID in the options (in the acp). xF uses the new async code too, to make sure your web pages aren't stuck loading your gA code like it use to in the past with the old code.

Nothing complicated - id like to know the true number of total unique visitors each day, and the number of new visitors.
Open a Google Analytics account, put the publisher id in xenForo and you're done. Most people trust what google put out on GA.

Oh, it doesn't hurt to look at your server stats.

Top Bottom