Tracking Registrations From Adwords

Brent W

Has anyone here setup an adwords campaign and tracked registrations from it? We currently have registration goals on our sites. Do we need to do anything specific in Adwords to track new sign ups from our campaigns?

A long time ago I did this. From memory if you have registration goals established already, then you should be able to simply access that data to see where a click comes from. The problem with ads is that a user will click them through to your site, then watch several pages, maybe go away, come back, then register. That is where tracking becomes lost for such purpose.

You may have to setup a funnel specifically for anyone who found your site from an ad in the past 180 days or so, regardless of further browsing history, then register. I find many a user who has posted that they came to the site from x... read for months... then registered.

I find many a user who has posted that they came to the site from x... read for months... then registered.

I'm having that exact issue with a new site I started On April 2nd.. Getting a lot of traffic, normally about 200 guests online at any given time. But very registering.. Most guests are reading more then 3-4 articles posted, but not signing up. Seeing a lot of returning vistors daily too to read lastest news on the hockey team the site is dedicated to it.

You will always have more reading than responding, from my experience. This is one reason why I opened the majority of my forums to public posting... the site gets a lot more now. It is simple for people to have their say without registering.

You will always have more reading than responding, from my experience. This is one reason why I opened the majority of my forums to public posting... the site gets a lot more now. It is simple for people to have their say without registering.

Interesting idea.. So just guest posting turned on? Can they like posts too? Not a lot of extra work from spam?

Yup. No, guests can't like posts. I have a zero link anti-spam system in place, so no, zero spam. All guest posts go into moderation for staff to check first... so double check zero spam.

Top Bottom