Lack of interest Track Conversations

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Wired

Yes, I'm fully aware this is a crazy idea. Deal with it :)

Looking at some humongous threads recently and I was thinking about how so much information gets lost in them because of multiple conversations in the same thread / posts and how to identify the conversations. Then I realized the solution. Attach some type of tag / marker to a post to identify each conversation. You can identify parts of each conversation based upon the quotes within each post. If a post quotes 2 conversations, no problem, just give it 2 tags. Having a way to manually select / automatically identify which part of a post goes to which conversation would be great, especially if it highlighted the areas (think of a box around the quote / response w/ a diffused background).

If a post contains text that doesn't refer to any previous post (e.g. no quote that it's responding to), then it can be considered the start of a sub-conversation. Because of this, each post has the possibility to start its own sub-thread. Yeah, this could get messy, but I'm sure there's some O(n) calculations out there to help, and if not, time to make one lol!

For the crazier, multi-conversation threads, you could expand out to a tree view that shows the posts and how they're connected (probably easiest to show by each node being a post # at first, and not the actual text). There's a couple of PHP plugins that can draw on the fly, but the diagrams wouldn't have to be anything than just a tree diagram.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom