TPU: Detect and Block Spam Registrations

TPU: Detect and Block Spam Registrations 1.6.6

No permission to download
I just tried installing this on my xenforo 1.5.2 forum and got this message:

Code:
Callback TPUDetectSpamReg_Listener::listenController is invalid (Invalid Class).

I just tried installing this on my xenforo 1.5.2 forum and got this message:

Code:
Callback TPUDetectSpamReg_Listener::listenController is invalid (Invalid Class).
How did you install it? Via addon installer or the traditional way of uploading manually?

I uploaded the upload folder via FTP and then I went to the install add-on in the xenforo admin area and uploaded the xml file using that page.

Hi All!

I just updated to the newest version of TPU and now I'm getting this error over and over:

ErrorException: curl_setopt(): CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when an open_basedir is set - library/TPUDetectSpamReg/ModelSpamPrevention.php:77

TPU was working fine in the older version and I haven't changed anything on my server that should have caused this to start happening.

Any ideas why I'm getting this error now and didn't get it before updating TPU ?

I hope there is a solution that doesn't involve messing with my server php, etc. settings.

Thanks!

Did you find a solution for that issue? I'm getting the same error, and new registrations no longer work.

Did you find a solution for that issue? I'm getting the same error, and new registrations no longer work.

Did you also do a fresh install on 1.5.2?

It works fine for me, but I've had it installed since 1.4.x. Currently running 1.5.2 without any problems.

It will check also for the first # posted messages from the user?
In this way if a user registered without proxy but then use VPN/Proxy for posting messages it could be go under moderation.

Error im getting when users try to sign up on the forums. Zend_Uri_Exception: Invalid URI supplied - library/Zend/Uri/Http.php:156

I'm using 1.6.4 of the addon and my board is version 1.4.2.

Code:
#0 /home/revenant/web/revenantgaming.com/public_html/library/Zend/Uri.php(143): Zend_Uri_Http->__construct('http', '//www.stopforum...')
#1 /home/revenant/web/revenantgaming.com/public_html/library/Zend/Http/Client.php(270): Zend_Uri::factory('http://www.stop...')
#2 /home/revenant/web/revenantgaming.com/public_html/library/Zend/Http/Client.php(253): Zend_Http_Client->setUri('http://www.stop...')
#3 /home/revenant/web/revenantgaming.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Helper/Http.php(21): Zend_Http_Client->__construct('http://www.stop...', Array)
#4 /home/revenant/web/revenantgaming.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/SpamPrevention.php(899): XenForo_Helper_Http::getClient('http://www.stop...')
#5 /home/revenant/web/revenantgaming.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/SpamPrevention.php(188): XenForo_Model_SpamPrevention->_getSfsApiResponse(Array, 'http://www.stop...', false)
#6 /home/revenant/web/revenantgaming.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/SpamPrevention.php(93): XenForo_Model_SpamPrevention->_checkSfsResult(Array, Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#7 /home/revenant/web/revenantgaming.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/SpamPrevention.php(79): XenForo_Model_SpamPrevention->_allowRegistration(Array, Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#8 /home/revenant/web/revenantgaming.com/public_html/library/TPUDetectSpamReg/ModelSpamPrevention.php(56): XenForo_Model_SpamPrevention->allowRegistration(Array, Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#9 /home/revenant/web/revenantgaming.com/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(1406): TPUDetectSpamReg_ModelSpamPrevention->allowRegistration(Array, Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#10 /home/revenant/web/revenantgaming.com/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(401): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->_runSpamCheck(Object(LiveUpdate_DataWriter_User), Array)
#11 /home/revenant/web/revenantgaming.com/public_html/library/Andy/NewUserConversation/ControllerPublic/Register.php(16): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#12 /home/revenant/web/revenantgaming.com/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Andy_NewUserConversation_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#13 /home/revenant/web/revenantgaming.com/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#14 /home/revenant/web/revenantgaming.com/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()

*|+3
US|-3
Wait. I thought it was

Format: score|two-letter country code

not the other way around. Shouldn't that be...

+3|*
-3|US

????

And, how could you reject everything except from the US and Canada? Would this work?

reject|*
-1|US
-1|CA

Last edited:
in my installation the format suggested from W1zzard works
Thanks. This is what I'm trying. I'll see what happens.

*|reject
AU|moderateposts
CA|-1
US|-1

The board is very specific to North America, but we have one or two forums where a few Aussies have some legitimate questions. If the above doesn't work, I'll just go back to the verbose listing of all of the country codes (253 I think it is) being rejected, with the exception of the 3 countries above.

Testing (and other things) are somewhat hampered by me being the forum Admin, but not having direct access to the server, nor even all of the ACP options enabled for me (like the Spam Trigger Logs (the Spam Cleaner Logs are the only logs I can see)). When I want an addon installed, there's someone else with complete APC access who installs it, and then I configure it. The one who installs it doesn't administrate or moderate the forums, they mostly deal with the social media aspects of the company. I'm offsite and only deal with the forums.

It's only on rare occasions, like this one, where my limited access functionality is a problem.

Wait. I thought it was

Format: score|two-letter country code

not the other way around. Shouldn't that be...

+3|*
-3|US

????

And, how could you reject everything except from the US and Canada? Would this work?

reject|*
-1|US
-1|CA
You are correct of course about the order.

There is no 'accept' statement like reject, which would override the reject option. Right now your best bet is to assign a high score to * and negative to US/CA. Then use the 'Minimum score required to reject user' option.

It will check also for the first # posted messages from the user?
In this way if a user registered without proxy but then use VPN/Proxy for posting messages it could be go under moderation.
No, the addon will only do checks during signups.

Top Bottom