Tourettes.Me

Xyphien

So this forum is a personal site I have made. I looked up a disability I have, and found that there were only two forums based on it, and only one covered half way decent topics, but non that I was looking for.

The site is about Tourette Syndrome, as I was diagnosed with it in 2005 (Fifth Grade Year), but had tics, and symptoms since I was 3 years old. Now that I am out of school, I figured I could help with my knowledge of living with it to help out people who have it, and parents who recently found out their loved one has tourettes. This way the community, and myself can help them with any information they request, as well as general questions you have. I know it took my mom month to find online communities, and meet ups to get information on how it can effect both the families life, as well as the child.

The site is: http://www.tourettes.me

It has 5 members I know, I just wish to know how the site looks, and what you'd think I could improve on, ect.

The site looks nice. It's an good niche I hope you do well. I myself have Tourette Syndrome which carried a heavy stigma back in my day. It has waned as I aged but sometimes....

Anyway, kids today are more open about it and accepting so you should do well. Just keep adding resources and stick with it.

The site looks nice. It's an good niche I hope you do well. I myself have Tourette Syndrome which carried a heavy stigma back in my day. It has waned as I aged but sometimes....

Anyway, kids today are more open about it and accepting so you should do well. Just keep adding resources and stick with it.

I still have troubles talking about it to other people, I find talking to people about it who have it is far easier that people who don't as people who have it tend to actually understand your situation. Glad you like the site, as I stated, I found non that quite suited what I wanted, so now I am working to make the best possible site I can :)

Other people can stuff it. Never worry about that. It doesn't detract from who you are or what you can accomplish. There are plenty of people in this world that will accept you as you are. People fear what they don't understand and you must also accept that for what it is and educate them. And a website is a great way to do that. So you're well on your way.

I like the idea for the site and admire your courage and goals.

For the actual design of the site: I've seen that style in use before. It's cute but I can't really stand the long spacing between the forum name and the last post information.

The home link and the forum link lead to the exact same place so there's really no reason to have the home link at all. You can remove it by going to your board options and removing the link to your page.

I'd also suggest maybe installing an add-on for guides or articles or similar and writing out any information you can find on the subject. "What is Tourettes Syndrome?", "What complications it can have", "Living with Tourettes", etc... you can get a lot of info on it from Wikipedia or some other source. This way people with some questions about it can find the answers on your site.

Anyway, you have a nice start going. And I see 15 members now instead of 5 so congrats on the increase.

I like the idea for the site and admire your courage and goals.

For the actual design of the site: I've seen that style in use before. It's cute but I can't really stand the long spacing between the forum name and the last post information.

The home link and the forum link lead to the exact same place so there's really no reason to have the home link at all. You can remove it by going to your board options and removing the link to your page.

I'd also suggest maybe installing an add-on for guides or articles or similar and writing out any information you can find on the subject. "What is Tourettes Syndrome?", "What complications it can have", "Living with Tourettes", etc... you can get a lot of info on it from Wikipedia or some other source. This way people with some questions about it can find the answers on your site.

Anyway, you have a nice start going. And I see 15 members now instead of 5 so congrats on the increase.

Thank you so much for the information. I went ahead and removed the home tab, if you could help me out a bit further by PMing me, or simply linking some of the addons you had in mind, that'd be very helpful. I was also thinking about adding an actual home page, but I'm unsure on what I'd like to have on it.

I just updated, and added XenPorta for the homepage. Can't seem to figure out how to use the twitter, or add the Quotation blocks to it sadly :(

Can I get some feedback on it, does it look good, should I expand on the basic text, ect. Any, and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Forum is looking good to me. Nice work and effort you've put into all of this.

There is a minor issue with the date element overlapping onto the side which is overlapping on the left hand side sideblocks, margin-left seems to be the cause which you may want to remove that or set the value to zero.

tourettes.webp

Code:
.recentNews .leftDate .newsDate {
margin-left: -45px;
}

Forum is looking good to me. Nice work and effort you've put into all of this.

There is a minor issue with the date element overlapping onto the side which is overlapping on the left hand side sideblocks, margin-left seems to be the cause which you may want to remove that or set the value to zero.

View attachment 49420

Code:
.recentNews .leftDate .newsDate {
margin-left: -45px;
}

I added that to the EXTRA template, but it did nothing. Where do I add this to?

So this forum is a personal site I have made. I looked up a disability I have, and found that there were only two forums based on it, and only one covered half way decent topics, but non that I was looking for.

The site is about Tourette Syndrome, as I was diagnosed with it in 2005 (Fifth Grade Year), but had tics, and symptoms since I was 3 years old. Now that I am out of school, I figured I could help with my knowledge of living with it to help out people who have it, and parents who recently found out their loved one has tourettes. This way the community, and myself can help them with any information they request, as well as general questions you have. I know it took my mom month to find online communities, and meet ups to get information on how it can effect both the families life, as well as the child.

The site is: http://www.tourettes.me

It has 5 members I know, I just wish to know how the site looks, and what you'd think I could improve on, ect.

That is a fantastic idea of a site, well done. Glad to hear your disability hasn't got the better of you. The domain name is great also.

Top Bottom