Total Purchases [in resource information station]

In agreement with this suggestion?

• Total voters

JacquiiDesigns

total_purchases.webp

It would be nice to eventually see a Total Purchases number in the resource information station. There's a myriad of reasons how this could be beneficial to members considering a purchase of any particular add-on. Most important for me is the ability to guage the general reaction of the community about a particular add-on, without having to scroll through pages of posts... The number of purchases is important imo.

Anyway - just an idea. Thanks for entertaining it ;)

J.

View attachment 37853

It would be nice to eventually see a Total Purchases number in the resource information station. There's a myriad of reasons how this could be beneficial to members considering a purchase of any particular add-on. Most important for me is the ability to guage the general reaction of the community about a particular add-on, without having to scroll through pages of posts... The number of purchases is important imo.

Anyway - just an idea. Thanks for entertaining it ;)

J.

+1

Impossible to tell if add-on creator inflated the number or not... Not saying any would, but no way for Xenforo to be able to track actual purchases.

This is not feasible as there is no way to track sales due to the fact that they are all done via external links. For example, to purchase one of my add-ons you need to contact me via private conversation. About a third of those who contact me end up not purchasing anything. Therefore, counting the number of times someone clicks the purchase link will not work at all.

This is not feasible as there is no way to track sales due to the fact that they are all done via external links. For example, to purchase one of my add-ons you need to contact me via private conversation. About a third of those who contact me end up not purchasing anything. Therefore, counting the number of times someone clicks the purchase link will not work at all.
hmmm - I didn't really thing about this actually... Perhaps what would be feasible is that Xenforo require all add-on downloads (even the paid ones) to be only downloadable via Xenforo.com --- Taking a slight grip on the 'market place' (as it were), keeping a certain percentage of the revenue (10%-15% sounds reasonable to me) and put it directly back into the product development costs. Could even give their lawyers a monetary incentive to do everything humanly possible to bring the IB v XF lawsuit to a quick end LOL

Okay... I know some will hate the idea completely. And I'm daydreaming a bit... But still = it would be nice to know the stats on who's downloading/purchasing paid add-ons... Perhaps it's simply none of anyone's business? LOL

At anyrate - In a world of coders... Everything is feasible I think.

hmmm - I didn't really thing about this actually... Perhaps what would be feasible is that Xenforo require all add-on downloads (even the paid ones) to be only downloadable via Xenforo.com --- Taking a slight grip on the 'market place' (as it were), keeping a certain percentage of the revenue (10%-15% sounds reasonable to me) and put it directly back into the product development costs. Could even give their lawyers a monetary incentive to do everything humanly possible to bring the IB v XF lawsuit to a quick end LOL

Okay... I know some will hate the idea completely. And I'm daydreaming a bit... But still = it would be nice to know the stats on who's downloading/purchasing paid add-ons... Perhaps it's simply none of anyone's business? LOL

At anyrate - In a world of coders... Everything is feasible I think.
I'm going with none of anyones business; I don't necessarily want anyone knowing how much I've made off of my work, nor do I really care to see what others have made off of theirs.

Also, having XenForo act as a middleman for purchases will require a lack of control on the resource providers end. The fact that I have a transaction history, and full information on who purchases things is quite useful, especially when a pirate attempts to purchase something with a stolen paypal.

For people who deal in smaller add-ons, or the occasional add-on a shopping cart isn't needed, but for people who are supplying multiple products and are hoping to be successful they really can't rely on a middleman solution.

Impossible to tell if add-on creator inflated the number or not... Not saying any would, but no way for Xenforo to be able to track actual purchases.

xF could create something like http://buycraft.net/ the entire shopping cart is on the site, but it sends to that members paypal for payment and then back to the site. BuyCraft doesn't ever touch the Paypal transaction and doesn't take any percent of the transaction.

xF could create something like http://buycraft.net/ the entire shopping cart is on the site, but it sends to that members paypal for payment and then back to the site. BuyCraft doesn't ever touch the Paypal transaction and doesn't take any percent of the transaction.

We haven't seen XF updated, haven't seen the RM released, haven't seen the latest bugs reported cleaned up and updated... yet they are going to create something like that?

I suppose we can all hope at least.

Top Bottom